IRE graduate research
The Trendence Annual Irish Study is the biggest study of students’ career aspirations and the effectiveness of employer brands in Ireland. The 2019/20 survey collected over 15,014 responses from university students and graduates from every university and college in Ireland. It provides insight into a variety of research areas, including:
The Irish market
Find out how your organisation compares to competitors in terms of its attractiveness to students, separated by factors such as geographical region, subject of study, sector of interest, work experience and so forth. Learn how your popularity has changed over time by tapping into multiple years of Trendence research.
- Awareness and attractiveness of your employer brand
- Year-on-year trends
- Competitor landscape
- Performance by year group and type of student
Discover how efficient you have been in encouraging students from your target universities to apply for your opportunities. In which universities and regions are your efforts paying off, and where could you be investing more to get the best return on investment?
- How efficient is your campaign?
- Is your messaging resonating better with students at specific universities?
- Does your campus activity translate into applications?
See how effective your recruitment campaigns have been across different websites, publications and other media. We track everything from digital engagement (eg students’ preferred social media channels for engaging with employers) to on-campus events such as career fairs, one-to-one meetings, networking dinners and guest speakers.
- Platform-by-platform cost benefit analysis
- Penetration power of your collateral
- Is your presence on certain platforms drowned out by the competition?
Psychology of students
Gain an insight into how students make career decisions and what influences them. View students’ expectations of their future employer (from employer leadership style to starting salary and work/life balance), then compare this to their perceptions of your brand and whether they think you meet, fall short of or exceed those expectations.
- How students make employer choices
- Why students are choosing your brand
- How your employer value proposition can be improved
Every project is kicked off with a consultation with our MRS-qualified experts to help us understand your priorities, any issues you are facing, new developments planned and specific questions you would like the research to address. This is then followed by a two-hour face-to-face results delivery.
- Bespoke research report tailored to your organisation
- Results workshop sharing with you the full analysis and highlighting key findings
- Year-round support, which could include further desk research, use of HESA data and our expert market knowledge